The Bureau of Jail Management and Penology is an attached agency of the Department of the Interior and Local Government mandated to direct, supervise and control the administration and operation of all district, city, and municipal jails in the Philippines with pronged tasks of safekeeping and development of its inmates officially classed as persons deprived of liberty (PDL).
As one of the five pillars of the Criminal Justice System, the BJMP was created to address the growing concern of jail management and penology problem.
Primarily, its clients are detainees accused before a court who are temporarily confined in such jails while undergoing investigation, waiting for final judgment, and those who are serving sentence promulgated by the court 3 years and below.
As provided for under R.A. No. 6975, the Jail Bureau is mandated to take operational and administrative control over all city, district, and municipal jails.
The Bureau has four major areas of the rehabilitation program, namely: Livelihood Projects, Educational and Vocational Training, Recreation and Sports, and Religious/ Spiritual Activities.
These were continuously implemented to eliminate the offenders’ pattern of criminal behavior and to reform them to become law-abiding and productive citizens.
Although the workplace of the Jail Bureau is confined inside the portals of jail to safeguard PDL, nonetheless, the Bureau has an inherent function of informing the public of jail operations and other matters concerning the corrections pillar of the Philippines. Coincidentally, being a new and growing Bureau, BJMP aims to keep the public abreast of information regarding jail management and penology.
The BJMP operates and maintains Regional Offices in each of the administrative regions of the country, headed by a Regional Director for Jail Management and Penology, with the rank of at least Senior Superintendent.
The Regional Director is assisted by an Assistant Regional Director for Administration, Assistant Regional Director for Operations, and Regional Chief of Directorial Staff, who are all officers with the rank of at least Superintendent.
Interestingly, the BJMP MIMAROPA opens applications for those interested to be a part of their team as Jail Officers for 2023, this is your chance to pursue a secure job in the government at the same time help people behind bars to become better persons.
What are the Benefits?
As a Jail Officer 1 in BJMP, you will receive a base pay of P29,668 per month (salary grade 10) and a gross monthly salary of P37,448 per month. Moreover, you shall receive an allowance, medical and dental benefits, longevity pay, etc. A hazard pay of P540 a month is also given.
What are the Qualifications?
Please review and check the QUALIFICATION STANDARDS. All are reminded that the application is for JO1 applicants from Oriental Mindoro, Occidental Mindoro, Marinduque, Romblon, Palawan, and other nearby provinces. All qualifications and requirements must be met before their office consider your applications.
- A Citizen of the Republic of the Philippines
- A Person of Good Moral Character
- Must possess a Baccalaureate Degree from a recognized institution of learning
- Must possess appropriate eligibility (Second Level Eligibilities: CSE-Professional, RA 1080, Penology Officer Examination, PD 907 Honor Graduate Eligibility, and MARINA Eligibility)
- Must not have been convicted by Final Judgment of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude
- Must not have been dishonorably discharged or dismissed from previous employment
- Must not be less than Twenty-on (21) nor more than Thirty (30) years of age
- Must be at least five feet and two inches (5’2 ft.) in Height for Males and five feet (5’0 ft.) in Height for Female
- Must be physically and mentally fit for rigid training
What are the required documents?
- Computerized Personal Data Sheet (Revised 2017) duly accomplished (download HERE)
- Photocopy of MDF verified by PAG-IBIG
- Photocopy of MDR verified by PHILHEALTH
- Photocopy of TIN ID/ TIN Verification from BIR
- Photocopy of Transcript of Records
- Photocopy of College Diploma
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate issued by PSA (Bring the original copy)
- Photocopy of Certificate of Eligibility or Board Rating and PRC ID
- Photocopies of Valid Clearances from Permanent/ Residential Address (NBI, Police, Barangay, MTC, RTC, Prosecutor)
- Photocopy of PNP Directorate for Intelligence Clearance
- Photocopy of Valid Community Tax Certificate
- Photocopies of Certificate/s from previous/ present employment (if applicable)
- Photocopy of Certificate/s of Seminars and Training completed (if any)
- Photocopy of Marriage Certificate (if married)
- Photocopy of Certificate of Confirmation from NCIP/ NCMF/ (if needed)
Should you wish to apply for this position, click the button provided below for more information.
Source: Philippine Go
1 thought on “BJMP MIMAROPA is Looking for New Jail Officers 1 | APPLY NOW!”
Hello is this still available? I am willing to apply. I am a licensed Teacher.