The Department of Health (DOH; Filipino: Kagawaran ng Kalusugan) is the executive department of the government of the Philippines responsible for ensuring access to basic public health services by all Filipinos through the provision of quality health care, the regulation of all health services and products. It is the government’s over-all technical authority on health. The Department of Health (DOH) holds the over-all technical authority on health as it is a national health policy-maker and regulatory institution.
Basically, the DOH has three major roles in the health sector: (1) leadership in health; (2) enabler and capacity builder; and (3) administrator of specific services. Its mandate is to develop national plans, technical standards, and guidelines on health. Aside from being the regulator of all health services and products, the DOH is the provider of special tertiary health care services and technical assistance to health providers and stakeholders. Together with its attached agencies, the DOH – constituted of various central bureaus and services in the Central Office, Centers for Health Development (CHD) in every region, and DOH-retained hospitals – performs its roles to continuously improve the country’s health care system.
As contained in Executive Order No. 102: Redirecting the Functions and Operations of the Department of Health (May 24, 1991), the DOH is mandated to provide assistance to LGUs, Peoples’ Organizations (POs) and other members of the civil society in effectively implementing programs, projects and services that will:
- Promote the health and well-being of every Filipino;
- Prevent and control diseases among populations at risks;
- Protect individuals, families and communities exposed to hazards and risks that could affect their health; and
- Treat, manage and rehabilitate individuals affected by diseases and disability
Seventeen (17) Senior Social Mobilizers (P43,520.28 Monthly Salary)
- Area of Assignment: DOH-CHD WV, Aklan, Antique, Capiz, Guimaras, Iloilo Province, Negros Occidental, Iloilo City and Bacolod City
- Education: Bachelor Degree relevant to the job (Allied medical, Social work, Community Development, Communications courses preferred)
- Experience: One (1) year of experience in any of the of the following program management (planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation), community mobilization, health education and promotion.
- Training: Four (4) hours of relevant training
- Eligibilty: RA 1080 /2nd LEVEL ELIGIBILITY (PROFESSIONAL)
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide support to LGUs to accomplish and update demand generation and communication microplans
- Coordinate with LGUs and conduct in-person town halls with complementary vaccination activities in areas with lowest vaccination coverage
- Ensure implementation of strategies, including coordination with key stakeholders (National Government Agencies/LGU, civil society organizations, private sector) within the Province/ City Municipality
- Collect feedback and community-level insights through surveys, focused group discussion, or other evidence generation instruments.
- Recalibrate social mobilization strategies based on evidence gathered, including development and localization of information, education and communication (IEC) materials.
- Apply the same support from COVID 19 vaccines to Routine Immunization activities as determined by the CHD
- Other demand generation and communications-related activities as may be assigned by the CHD Regional Director and/or CHD Health Promotion Unit Head.
Should you wish to apply for the abovementioned position, click the button provided below for more information.
Source: Philippine Go