Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology in South Korea welcomes skilled and talented students, researchers, and technical individuals to pursue their MS, PhD, and MS leading to PhD under the GIST Scholarship 2023. The GIST scholarship for international students in Korea provides them with a bright chance to create a strong research base for further development of science and technology. Moreover, the best scholarship in South Korea’s top universities provides opportunities to the students to work and promote collaborative foreign and domestic research programs in the industrial sector as well as in academia.
The GIST Scholarships for MS and PhD students is a milestone towards achieving the goal of the institute i.e. A proud creator of future science and technology. In order to lead in the world, all classes are taught in English, and the thesis is also written in the English language. GIST understands the importance of learning and utilizing an international language for better collaboration and development. The scholars of the GIST international scholarship in South Korea will learn the Korean culture while staying for a maximum of three, seven, or eight years for MS, PhD, or Integrated MS/PhD programs respectively. The following comprehensively explains the financial benefits along with the eligibility criteria and an understandable procedure to apply.
- Master’s degree program
- PhD degree program
- Integrated MS and PhD Program
Benefits of the GIST Scholarship in South Korea
- All international students will be getting 100% support in the tuition fee i.e. the tuition fee will be waived off.
- MS students will be given a monthly stipend of 140,000 Won/ Php 5,777.32.
- PhD students will be given a monthly stipend of 295,000 Won/ Php 12,173.64.
- Both MS and PhD students will be given a meal allowance of 100,000 Won/ Php 4,126.66. (Note: Students have to complete at least 9 credits in the previous semester in order to get student and meal allowance).
- International student allowance of 120,000 Won/ Php 5,158.32 will be given to both MS and PhD students, however, the student has to maintain a 3 or higher GPA out of 4.5 in the previous semester.
- All MS students participating in research projects will get a research assistantship of 4,785,384 won/ Php 197,476.47 per year while PhD students participating in research projects will get a research assistantship of 12,263,262 won/ Php 506,062.99 per year.
- A one-way flight to Korea will be reimbursed.
- 60% of national health insurance will be covered. Health insurance also includes annual medical checkups.
Source: GIST International Admission