The Korean Government Scholarship Program, or KGSP, is an academic scholarship funded and managed by the National Institute for International Education (NIIED), a branch of the Ministry of Education in the Republic of Korea (South Korea). NIIED runs the Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) which covers various types of support programs for academic exchanges between Republic of Korea (South Korea) and international countries. There are two types of programs, and both belong to GKS.
Global Korea Scholarship GKS 2023 is a Korean Government Scholarship Program for international students to pursue undergraduate degrees in higher education institutions in South Korea. The aim of this 2023 Global Korea Scholarship for Undergraduate Degrees is to create goodwill and strengthen the mutual friendship between Korea and participating countries. This Korean scholarship program is one of the biggest and most competitive scholarship programs in the world
Why Study in Korea? There are many reasons to study in South Korea. The main and most important reason is that the educational institutions of South Korea are among the list the world’s top institutions. Besides, Korea has a highly advanced education system, rich culture, and stunning scenery. Moreover, the systematic support programs from the government, high employment opportunities, and high quality of life are some basic attractions to come to Korea for higher studies. South Korea also provides numerous scholarships for international students to pursue their studies in Korea for free.
Global Korea Scholarship GKS 2023 for Undergraduate Students
- Host Country: Korea
- Funded By: Korean Government
- Degree Level:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Associate Degree
- GKS-U Duration:
- 5~7 years of Bachelor’s Degree Scholarship (Korean language program for 1 year)
- 3~4 years of Associate Degree Scholarship (Korean language program for 1 year)
- No. of KGPS Scholarships in Korea:
- 200 Undergraduate Scholarships in Korea for International Students
Global Korea Scholarship Benefits 2023
- The scholarship cover full tuition fees.
- A free return air ticket.
- Settlement Allowance will be provided, 200,000 KRW/ Php 8,251.36.
- A monthly Allowance will be provided, 900,000 KRW/ Php 37,131.12
- The scholarship will cover the fee of 1-Year Korean Language Training.
- University Admission fees waiver
- National Health Insurance will be provided.
- Korean Proficiency Grants will be provided, 100,000 KRW/ Php 4,125.68 per month
- Degree Completion Grants will be provided once, 100,000 KRW/ Php 4,125.68
Source: Global Korea Scholarship Notice