The Philippines’ Department of Social Welfare and Development (Filipino: Kagawaran ng Kagalingan at Pagpapaunlad Panlipunan, abbreviated as DSWD) is the executive department of the Philippine Government responsible for the protection of the social welfare of rights of Filipinos and to promote the social development.
The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) is the primary government agency mandated to develop, implement and coordinate social protection and poverty-reduction solutions for and with the poor, vulnerable and disadvantaged. DSWD provides social protection to vulnerable groups such as orphans, abandoned children, street children, persons with disabilities, elderly persons, women, and indigenous peoples. The department also provides relief assistance during times of calamity and disaster. DSWD also works to prevent and alleviate poverty through its programs on livelihood, social housing, educational assistance, and cash transfers. They have a wide range of programs and services that touch the lives of Filipinos from all walks of life.
To apply for a job in DSWD, you should be very willing to exert efforts in preparing and submitting documents and other requirements. Below are the ways on how to apply in every region:
For REGION II applicants
Interested and qualified applicants must submit the following documents to the Office of the Regional Director:
- Application Letter addressed to Dr. LUCIA SUYU ALAN, RSW, MSSW, Regional Director
- Accomplished Personal Data Sheet (CS Form 212 Revised 2017) with Work Experience Sheet
- Photocopy of CS Eligibility or PRC License and Board of Rating (if applicable)
- Latest Performance Assessment/ IPCR or its equivalent for External Applicants
- Supervisor’s Recommendation (if applicable)
- Certificate of relevant trainings and seminars attached
- Photocopy of Certificate of Employment (if applicable)
- Photocopy of TOR and Diploma
For NCR applicants
Interested and qualified applicants who meet the above minimum qualification standard (CSC – Prescribed) may submit the following documentary requirements to Human Resource Planning and Performance Management Section (HRPPMS), DSWD-NCR, Room 209 at 389 San Rafael Corner Legarda Streets, Sampaloc Manila or send it to the email firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Application Letter addressed to Regional Director MONINA JOSEFINA H. ROMUALDEZ (Signifying the Position, Item Number, Status of Employment, and Place of Assignment you are applying for) affixed with your signature;
- Fully accomplished Personal Data Sheet (PDS) with recent passport-sized picture and Work Experience Sheet (CS Form No. 212, Revised 2017);
- Photocopy of duly signed Individual Performance Contract Rating (IPCR) in the last rating period, (for government personnel) or its equivalent for external applicants (Performance Evaluation/ Appraisal) from the current/last employer (if applicable);
- Photocopy of Certificate of Eligibility/ Board of Rating and updated PRC License;
- Photocopy of Transcript of Records;
- Photocopy of Transcript of Diploma;
- Photocopy of Certificate of Grades for Master’s/ Doctor’s Degree earned units (if applicable);
- Photocopy of Certificates of relevant Learning and Development/ Trainings attended;
- Photocopy of Certificate/s of previous and present Employment (if applicable);
- Photocopy of Company/ Agency Clearance (latest employer, if applicable); and
- Photocopy of Appointment and Service Record (if presently or previously employed in any government agency).
For CALABARZON applicants
Requirements to be Submitted
- Application Letter;
- Comprehensive Resume or Hard copy of the Personal Data Sheet (CS Form No. 212 with an attached job description for each position held in previous work);
- Transcript of Records and Diploma (Certified photocopies);
- Certificates of Trainings / Seminars attended and Employment;
- Certificate/s of Board Rating/ Professional License/ CS Eligibility, if applicable only
- Certification from school for Masteral units earned or completed, if any, and
- Individual Performance Contract Rating for the last semester of employment for applicants from any government agencies; or Performance Evaluation signed by the supervisor or the HR Head for applicants from any private company/ institution; or GMC for newly graduates.
For REGION XII applicants
Interested and qualified applicants are instructed to submit their applications with complete set of documents below and shall fill out application form available at www.tinyurl.com/dswd-foxii-job-application:
- Application Letter indicating the position applied for and addressed to: Ramel F. Jamen – Director IV / Head of Office, DSWD Field Office XII
- Updated and properly accomplished Personal Data Sheet (PDS) with recent passport-sized picture (CS Form 212, Revise 2017)
- Updated and properly accomplished Work Experience Sheet (CS Form 212 Attachment)
- Photocopy of Transcript of Records ( Authenticated)
- Photocopy of Certificate/s of Employment
- Certificate of relevant trainings and seminars attended.
- Photocopy of Board of Rating/ CS Prof Eligibility (Authenticated if any)
- Copy of duly signed IPCR/Summary of Rating (for Insider only)
Do you wish to learn more about the DSWD application process for Region II, NCR, CALBARZON, and Region XII? Click the button provided below for further information.
Source: Philippine Go