The SM founder Henry Sy, Sr., believes education is the best defense against poverty. SM Foundation provides college and technical-vocational scholarship grants and access to primary education through school buildings to help the youth achieve their dreams. The SMFI College Scholarship program aims to assist poor but deserving high school students in getting a college education and building a better future for themselves and their families.
SM Foundation Vision is to create a Philippines where everyone has the opportunity for self-improvement. The environment is sustained for future generations. Their mission is to make targeted social investments in education, health care, livelihood, and shelter to help underserved Filipinos improve their lives. They will promote initiatives to protect and enhance the Philippines’ unique and diverse ecological heritage. They will work directly with communities to give them the required assistance. By leveraging their corporate assets to secure resources, build awareness, and engage with strong partners to create programs that promote a cycle of positive change.
Moreover, they also serve as the heart of the SM group of companies focused on social inclusion by nurturing and caring for underserved communities where SM is present. Established in 1983 by Henry Sy, Sr. and Felicidad T. Sy, they continue to pursue their mission which is anchored on its founding principle of PEOPLE HELPING PEOPLE. They are committed to serving by supporting and empowering their host communities through education, healthcare, shelter, disaster response, farmer’s training, environmental programs, and care for persons with special needs.
What are the qualifications?
- Grade 12 graduates from public and private schools in the areas covered. Applicants from private schools must have a DepEd voucher and must be Grade 10 finishers from public high schools.
- General weighted average grade of at least 92% or its equivalent for Grade 12 – 1st semester.
- Total household income of at most P250,000 per year.
What are the dates to remember?
|Start of Online Application Period||February 1, 2023|
|Deadline for Filing of Application||March 30, 2023|
What are the requirements needed?
- Accomplished online application form
- Attachments to the online application:
- Parent’s or Guardian’s 2019 Income Tax Return / Certification of Non-Filing of Income / Certificate of Indigency
- Latest Grade 12 report card
- Birth Certificate
- 2×2 ID picture
- Sketch of home to the nearest SM Mall
What are the benefits?
Successful applicants are entitled to the following benefits:
- Choice of specialization in accounting, information technology, engineering, and education
- Full Tuition
- Monthly Allowance
- Part-time job opportunities during semestral and Christmas break
- Exclusive job offers with the SM group upon graduation
- Other fun-filled activities and enrichment programs
What are the priority courses?
Incoming college students must take up the following courses:
- BS in Computer Science
- BS in Information Technology
- BS in Electronics and Communications Engineering/ BS In Electronics Engineering/ BS in Electronics Engineering
- BS in Computer Engineering
- BS in Civil Engineering
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- BS in Accountancy
- BS in Accounting Technology
- BS in Accounting Information Systems
- BS in Internal Auditing
- BSBA in Financial Management
- BSBA in Management Accounting
- BS in Elementary Education
- BS in Secondary Education major in Biology, Chemistry, General Sciences, Physics, Mathematics, English
Read here all the SM College Scholarship Partner Schools
What are the areas covered?
|1. NCR||1. Capiz||1. Agusan del Norte|
|2. Albay||2. Cebu||2. Davao del Sur|
|3. Bataan||3. Iloilo||3. Misamis Oriental|
|4. Batangas||4. Leyte||4. South Cotabato|
|5. Benguet||5. Negros Occidental||5. Zamboanga del Sur|
|8. Camarines Norte|
|9. Camarines Sur|
|13. Nueva Ecija|
Do you wish to learn more about the application process for SM College Scholarship Program 2023? Click the button provided below for further information.
Source: Philippine Go